Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 New walkera #5-5 palm size problem >

New walkera #5-5 palm size problem

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

New walkera #5-5 palm size problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New walkera #5-5 palm size problem

I just purchased a Walkera #5-5 palm size helicopter. I put the helicopter on the floor gave it some power and it just sits there spinning in circles. After looking at it and again reading the owners manuel to see if I was missing somthing I noticed that both the top and bottom coaxial baldes spin in the same direction. Is there a way to change this or did they screw up the polarity of one of the motors at the factory? So much for factory checked and ready to fly out of the box! If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it otherwise I will have to return it. The worse thing about all of this is trying to put it back in the box it came from!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Default RE: New walkera #5-5 palm size problem

well, if everything else seems ok to you, you should check some videos of your heli, (maybe youtube or something) and see wich motor/prop (are u sure they are 2?) is ok and wich is reversed. Then get a thin paper clip or small x-act knife and press on the small stops on the motor plug so that the pins on the plug come out without effort. reverse the wires, (u may need to lift the stops you pressed a bit or the pins will not stay inside the plug long) put the pins back in and you have reversed the polarity of your odd motor. If you are sure that reversing the polarity of one of the motors is all you need, this is the easier way. no soldering and no wire cutting necessary. Doublecheck.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 PM

Default RE: New walkera #5-5 palm size problem

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if this is the problem I am just assuming it is. I guess the best thing to do is just return it and get a new one. If tamper with it it won't be returnable. Thanks again for your help!