Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Change Modes

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change Modes

Hey Chaps, I need some advice on changing my Mode 1 Transmitter to Mode 2 - can someone get me pics or lead me to a place to do the conversion. I basically need to know where the wires go inside the TX

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Change Modes

from what i know you cant swap modes ... but say you have a walkera heli and have the mode 1 controller 30mhz, and need mode 2 you need to get a mode 2 controller at 30mhz. you cant just swap modes easily on the controllers, unless you completley pull them apart, maybe its possible i dunno. i would think it would be easier just getting a new controller.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:27 PM

If some one out there has a Mode 2 TX - can you take a pic of where the wires go from the pots or just describe where they go, I know it can be done, but just need a little guidence - I might try and slowly put the connectors back on 1 by one and test the heli to see what the responces are with Pitch etc.
Cheers
Old 01-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Which controller do you have?? I hacked my WK-701 transmitter to go from Mode 1, to Mode 3. It took me many hours with my multimeter, but it's definitely possible (and extremely easy once you know how). If you have access to a multimeter or a continuity tester, I can give you directions on how it's done (it really is easy).
Old 01-17-2007, 05:42 PM

It is definately easy. I changed my mode 1 tx to mode 2 within a mater of seconds (the pots, not the spring and rachet). For mode 2-1 switch the throttle pot and the elevator pot. That is easy. Then you need to swap the rachet and spring around. I didn't do that and I flew my heli real weird and changed it back to mode 1...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:01 AM

At the forums at www.walkera.com there is a set of instructions for the WK-701, that one of the Forum members made