Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

MAIN MOTOR BURNED OUT-HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAIN MOTOR BURNED OUT-HELP!!

My main motor suddenly no longer worked when I had to take my heli apart to replace the frame. I have a spare motor but the spare doesnt have the three round orange diodes or the cylinder shaped diode. Do I need these? What do they do? What are the benefits of swithing to a brushless motor? Also, I connected the spare motor and it doesnt work either?? What could be wrong. Everything else works on the receiver-trims, rudders ect. PLEASE HELP!![]
Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 AM

Default RE: MAIN MOTOR BURNED OUT-HELP!!

The "three round orange diodes" are capacitors. They're there to suppress noise generated by the motor that can interfere with the Tx/Rx link. The cylindrical diode is there to protect your 4-in-1. You don't say what helicopter it is, but at least for the 22E there's already a diode in the 4-in-1, so the other isn't really necessary. Does your tail motor work? Do you have a tail motor?

The advantage of a brushless motor is it produces more power at less of a current draw than the brushed motor and it lasts longer. The disadvantage is it's more expensive and requires a brushless ESC.

-JT
Old 02-03-2007, 07:00 AM

Its a df4, and the tail motor does work. I appreciate the response, but any idea on what to check for why it isnt working?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Try plugging your tail motor into the connector for the main motor. If it doesn't work, then you may have burned out your 4-in-1. Does it smell burnt?

-JT