Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

what tools ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tools ?

well that end table did'nt get out of the way fast enough.I'am new to the rc world bought a lama v3 and was doing ok untill end table.so i have inner shaft with aluminum hub {thats what broke} aluminum rotor head set and aluminum swashplate on order.could anyone tell me what tools i will need to to complete this repair. and a list of what i will need future adventures.good place to buy ? thanks a bunch.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 AM

Default RE: what tools ?

you can buy most tool you will need at any hardware store or even at wal-mart, or k-mart.
you will need the following to get started.
1. mini screwdriver set
2. allan set , metric, two would be better, the smaller size set.
3. bottle of the blue loc tite.
4. needle nose pliers.
5. digital multimeter, (if you get into lipo batteries these are invaluable)

and these items as well, but you will have to order them.
1. pitch guage.
2. ball link pliers.
3. small gear puller set. (I dont own one yet, but it would be nice for changing the motor pinons)
4. lots and lots of spare parts, take note of what breaks when you crash and always order at least 5 at a time. for faster rebuilds in the future. and lets face it, down time sucks.

anyway that should get you started for now, as you advance you will see what tools you prefer over others.
as for where to buy the specailty parts try rcandme.com they have good prices and they ship from texas, so there is no waiting for oversees shiping.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 AM

Default RE: what tools ?

thank you thats good to know.