Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 52#1 - First Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 52#1 - First Thoughts

Hello,

I received my 52#1 recently, and I am impressed so far. (Right now, I’m easily impressed
because I can’t fly yet)

The main reasons I got this heli was the size and the dual FP/CP configuration.

The heli was packaged very nicely in very rugged carton.

I really like the size … when I learn to hover, I will be able to fly in a small area indoors.

I like the dual configuration design … I will learn using the FP config, and then I can advance
to the CP config, without buying another heli. (Note: an extra servo, links and CP blades
are included) The training gear was also a part of the package.

The only problem right now is … there is very little information on the heli forums. You might
say there is tons of information about the walkera 52, I agree, but the 52#1 is a totally
different heli, at least when in the FP config.

Initial notes:

1. You will need jewelers screwdriver set. These screws are very TINY. If you don’t have the
correct size screwdriver you could easily strip the heads.

2. Depending on your eye site, you may need a magnifying glass just to see the screws.

Wants:

1. For me, I would like to see something like Superskids that would fit sub-micro helis
2. “Blade keepers / Holders”
3. A metal carrying case. (Big enough for the heli, xmitter, charger, 4-5 battery packs,
some key spare parts, and some key tools)

As I progress thru my heli training, I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

A10bolt
Old 03-17-2007, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Walkera 52#1 - First Thoughts

my first thought was Cool second thought is P.O.S. anyone want one cheep.i give up on this one never got over 4 ft off ground so nothing is broke to bad parts that are broke i have parts to fix and 2 more sets of blades.$75 and it could be yours.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:49 PM

This is a really nice heli. But it's time for lipo's. I currently have NiMH 12v 350 mAh. What size lipo do I need? Any help is welcome.

Thanks

A10bolt
Old 03-24-2007, 05:41 PM

Subscribing
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I just made a deal with richkid for the 52. He is a really nice person to deal with. I hope to have it by this weekend so hopefully I will be in the air shortly after repairs are done. I have not tried to fly for around 3 years and the last one that I had was the crappy aerohawk 4ch. I was able to fly it pretty good for as long as the electrics lasted. I am glad to be back.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:19 PM

Seriously? I'll take it if you don't want it! They take a bit of fiddling with, but once you dial them in, they fly pretty well! If you still want to get rid of it let me know!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: a10bolt

This is a really nice heli. But it's time for lipo's. I currently have NiMH 12v 350 mAh. What size lipo do I need? Any help is welcome.

Thanks

A10bolt
The Thunderpower 370 fit ok, but you have to ditch the tray.

I've heard of people using up to 800-900mAh when paired up with a brushless Medusa motor and matching 15A ESC. I'm planning on going with the 500mAh size packs once I make the conversion. I've also been advised that you can stick a slot-car motor in them with good results. No ESC req'd. I'm going to swap out the RX as well so I can use my DX7 with it! You don't have any sub-trims on the stock remote so it'll tame it down a lot once I can fine tune it a bit more.

I managed to do a backflip on the stock setup, so they are indeed very fliable, but the electronics are a bit sub-par ESPECIALLY for a newbie. Definately for an intermediate pilot who has already gone through setting up at least one other heli beforehand.

I'll see if I can find the info on all of this for everyone here!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Well like i said, I made a deal with richkid for the heli which is actually the 52 not the 52-1. He sent it out yesterday and to my surprise it was sitting at my front door today, talk about quick shipping. I fixed what needed replaced and was able to get it up in the air a couple times just to check it out but now it is time for me to get it setup so i can get it to hover well. Richkid is a good guy to deal with. He sent me 3 sets of main blades, one new main motor and one tail motor plus the fixing set. I love it. I had a aerohawk fp about three years ago and took to it pretty quick. So as long as i can get the setup good i should'nt have to much trouble with this.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:04 AM

Well as long as it went to good use! Got a hot tip for an improvement on them. Look up NSR King slotcar motors (38,500rpm model) It should bolt right in and provide a lot more power than stock. It's $23.99 from Hotslots. You have to solder it in backwards (or so I'm told). I'm planning on adding it to mine soon. Also switching over my RX to an AR6000 and the gyro to a PG-03 Micro Piezo Gyro. United hobbies carries 460mA packs for $14.28.

Also, Midwest RC carries the parts for real cheap! ($3.75 for main blade sets) Low shipping costs and decent mailing times. Just a couple references for you! (or anyone else interested for that matter!)
Good luck with the new little birdy!

Old 03-31-2007, 03:10 AM

Oh forgot to mention I have a link for setting up the TX on these helis that might be helpful!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562295

Here you go, hope it helps!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:24 PM

A10BOLT.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR52#1 AT
THANKS I HAVE THE 4#1 2007 BUT THE 52#1 SOUNDS GOOD
JIM