Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 Replacing walkera Electronics!!! >

Replacing walkera Electronics!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Replacing walkera Electronics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing walkera Electronics!!!

Gday!
Can anyone point me in the right direction for good quality electronics I can put in my walkera 36.
The walkera electronics have finally given up the gohst.

I have been looking at the GY401 Gyro and a 9ch futaba tx rx but not shaw on what servo's to get.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Down Under

P.S

Is there anyone else flying heli's in south sydney.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Replacing walkera Electronics!!!

Personally, I would go with the Spektrum DX7 radio at $349.99 (US). You do not have to worry about a 3 foot atennae sticking out of the radio and you only have about 3 inches of wire coming out of the receiver, and nothing interferes with the signal (NO GLITCHING). The servos that come with the DX7 are too large for a small Heli, but you may be able to sell them on ebay or to another pilot. If the DX7 is too expensive to start with, get the DX6 at $199.00 (US). The DX6 servios will not do you much good (S75s), as they strip very easily. For servos, I would get the Hitec HS65MG (metal gears) for the collective, at $35.00 each, they are bit on the expensive side, but I have never stripped one in a crash. The GY401 is a great gyro, pair it up with a 9650 digital servo and you will have a rock solid tail. By using the above upgraded parts, if you ever decide to go to a TREX or other high-end machine, everything will fit well. The above suggestions are just my opinion, the final options are yours.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 AM

Thanks for the help looking forward to buying it all in the next coupe of weeks still not a hundred persent on what to buy.
Theres so much out there.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 AM

I was just gonna post a similar question. Is there any complete radio package that can be had for 200-250 (with servos)? What about hitech?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:45 AM

Nothing really worth buying. You can get servo/gyro packages that could save a few bucks here and there, but in general these are separate purchases. As for radios, I'm telling you, NOTHING not ANYTHING beats the DX7! Even if you can't afford it, save your pennies until you can! I spent waaay too much money on my bird to be flying around and have some jacka** mix signals with me and burn down my heli! Besides that, my radio is so light, I don't even bother using a neck strap to fly with. No more broken antennas or stabbing out peoples eyes if you forget to collapse the thing! Response is faster and smoother than any other radio I've ever used. (although it doesn't have as many functions as a comparable high-end Futaba and such, but more than suitable to get the job done!)