Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera#39 - any users here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera#39 - any users here?

Good day everyone! I`m from Kiev, Ukraine. And I`m a beginner in this hobby. Now I`m starting to learn flying R/C Heli`s - and my first bird is Walkera#39 (I know about best heli in this class - T-Rex 450, but model#450 very expencive in UA (near 900usd) and it is not really fast to find your`s favorite config., so I decide to start with cheaper kit). I read a lot of posts about crap quality of Walkera`s models, but after a couple of consultancies with more expirienced R/C users I buy this kit. What can I said about #39... It`s look like HDE, but you need to complitely rebuild all model, check any srew, any connection. In my #39 gyro default setup was incorrect (reversed), pitch angle was -1 (0 throttle), +6 (50% throttle) and +25 (at full throttle). Servo blades was in incorrect angle, the power supply cord from battery to servo (I`m simply forget the needed world - sorry for my bad english) prevents servo work normaly. I find a good partner - he is very expirienced pilot - and he make all needed corrections in heli setup. Now I have 15 min. of successful flights (circle flights) and trying to make stable hovering. So, walkera can fly - but if has good setup.
Only one changing in construction is replacement of tail plastic parts to the CNC metal upgrade, becouse kit blade holder is very tiny (?) - I mean it is very easy to broke blade holder.
Now I`m thinking about switching from default transmitter to Graupner MC-20.