Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

5#10 -or- 4#3B ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5#10 -or- 4#3B ?

I'v been needing something for mostly indoors, too hot in Houston. I've got a raptor 50 already, so I've done a fair amount of flying.

Right now I'm torn between the 5#10, like the coax, like the bling, super easy to fly
Just cant help but think id have more fun with the little singe rotor 4#3B, little more challenge, little more work

I had no idea they made single rotor full function indoor heli's

Your thoughts fellas?

What should I do?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM

Default RE: 5#10 -or- 4#3B ?

I fly my 5#10 in my office over the weekend. It's quiet & if the phone rings, I can divert attention from the coaxial - just hovers there or lands where I put it until I can give it my full attention again.

Look at parts availability & prices between the two to help you decide.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:31 AM

You cant go past the 4#3B its a great little heli that you wont get bored with.

And as long as there is no wind outside is not a problem either.

Cheers

Bret
Old 08-14-2008, 01:12 AM

If you are flying a raptor 50, I think you will be bored with a coaxial. The 4#3B is more challenging. If you haven’t done it yet, search http://www.youtube.com/ for 4#3B, 5G6 and 5#10. The 5G6-1 is a coaxial equivalent to the 4#3B. You can decide what would be best for you indoors. I have a Trex that I can only hover tail in, a Lama V4 and 4#3B which I am using to learning orientation and slow circuits outside on calm days, and a 5G6-1 to practice with indoors. Yes I’m a beginner. I do not have anyone to help teach me so I’m going it alone. E-flite is bringing out a micro coaxial the same size as the 5G6, the Blade mCX. There are rumors of a Walkera CP the size of the 4#3B.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Well for future readers. From here, in this situation, the decesion should be easy. I talked my brother into picking up a lama V4. So I had it out front with a little bit of breeze, and some turbulence going thru and over the houses. Flew well, really easy. buy even into the wind it felt very slow. Against the wind, almost couldnt get her back to me. I was doing some real minor stuff over the yard then WHACK.. Blade Slap. Sent me right down. Grinded a nice flat spot into one of the gears. Real nice concedering my poor brother haddnt even had it in the air yet. I fix with my roto tool for now it and its fine now but, and I know thats just the one bird, and cant speak for anyother coax, After having practice with some minor forward flight with my raptor, im so glad i stumbled upon the 4#3B. I dont have it yet but, it'll chill, hover or rip inside, or rip outside in the calm. If its not calm, I'll bring out the big bird.
Thanks for the tips guys
JOSH