Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

WH Ultimate Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WH Ultimate Build

Great, you will like it. I love mine, it flies really stable.
What engine are you putting on it?

I am just about through my 2nd gal of break in fuel, yippee, now I can go to the regular mixture and lean it out just a bit more and I think it will be good to go.
Also I had a 16oz smoke tank, well I just replaces it with a 27oz, the 16oz would only give about 1-2 min max of smoke, but I had to restrict the flow a bit (it was a bit heavy) and with the bigger tank it should at least last my flight. I get about 12-14 min on a tank, not to bad for 53cc's
Old 03-06-2008, 07:48 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Joe:
Great! What color did you get?
Just ask and I and others here will gladly help with pictures and information.
I am also waiting for the snow to go away.
I just lost my 26CC profile yak with ski's on(stab/elevator just broke off ) it so now I am on electric till spring shows up

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM

I got the yellow, silver, black version. I do custom graphics for rc so I cant wait to get the plane and get creative. Not sure of how I'm going to do this one. I made some custom wild hare decals that are pretty sweet. I am probably going to go with a DA-50. Not positive. This is my first gas plane. Sorry to here about the yak crash with the skis. I had a plane go down a month ago due to nitro motor not liking 10 Degree temperature. The snow is driving me nuts, cant wait to fly something worth while. My plane is set to arrive on the 11th, cant wait.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 AM

I have a DA50 with Vess 22B prop on mine. Awesome performance.
I don't have a smoke system installed... yet.

Do you have a vinyl cutter? Been thinking of buying one...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 AM

Yes I have 2 plotters. Just got in a mimaki jv3 printer also. And I have a gerber edge printer. We are a full service sign company. We do vehicle wraps, billboards and all that good stuff. Im glad to here the da 50 works good on the plane.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:41 PM

I just want something I can use for my various hobbies.
I like to customize things AND I like to play with gadgets.
Expensive habbits......
Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM

Hey I recommend getting a gerber hs 15. They are relatively cheap and the composer program is awesome.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:43 AM

A DA50 will have awesome power, my dad has a DA50 on a 27% Extra and it has a lot of pull.
I have the TOC 3mm 53cc on my Ultimate, after tuning a bit she runs smooth. I am going to try a Vess 22B on mine this weekend, so we will see.

Once you get the smoke running you will love it, it is just so cool.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

It is here!! Plane came in today. I was depressed to find out that the lower wing set wasnt in the box. The kit looks pretty good. Should be a fun build but know I have to play the waiting game for the other set of wings. Tough for a guy with an rc obsession. I'll just have to read the manual a couple of times to fill the void. Called wild hare and they were cool, gonna send it out right away " I hope". The hardware kit looks pretty darn good to. NOW THE FUN PART BEGINS!!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM

Well you can skip over that and start getting the ready, and mounting your engine.
The hardware kit was very good, I was impressed.
Just take you time and follow the instructions and it will fly great.
If you have any questions let me know

Have fun.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Im sure Tom will have you taken care of before you can mount the motor and setup the tail section.
I hope you enjoy the plane as much as i do. I need another one soon my 2 are pretty well ussed.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Thanks Zort and bluemagic. Wild Hare said they would take care of it no problem and It was a simply overlooking. I could barely find the note on the box stating the lower wing set was missing. He said that is a common piece that people replace and they took it and forgot about it in the inventory. Not really a big deal seeing I dont have the motor yet. Plus there is still a ton of snow and today was the first day in the 30's and I actually felt a little heat from the sun!! Like I said, I love the plane and cant wait to get it finished and detail it.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:30 PM

[img][/img]What do you think about the decal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83473.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	900829  
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JOECROW

[img][/img]What do you think about the decal
Looks cool.[8D]
Old 03-14-2008, 07:55 AM

Hey Guys, I got a couple of questions after reading a bit more. The manual says use a 8 channel radio minimum. Right now I am currently running a 7cap futaba radio. I have a berg 7 channel reciever. How many batteries do you run on your reciever system? I would have to y harness the batteries into the rx. If 2, I was concerned about the voltage being to high for the reciever and was wondering if a smarrt fly power commander would be a good investment. Also with the commander I could avoid having to y harnes the ailerons. I guess what do you think my best approach would be or what kind of flight pacs are you guys running. Also what kind of packs are you using.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:13 AM

Sorry for this late reply.For some reason notification did not work.

I use two lipo's for the receiver, but I know of guys who use one 2600mAh lipo and have no problems. (I like redundancy to a point. No I do not have two receivers )
I do use a channel for every servo. 4 Ailerons + 2 elevators + one big ***** rudder + throttle + choke = 9 channels.
I do not use any power expanders as my receiver will handle the current just fine, but that does not mean you should not. (I would be concerned that the berg 7 channel could handle the current depending on the servo's you use)

My Lipo's are 2600mAh packs from troybuiltmodels.com

Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Thanks yufasa, appreciate the info. Well I got started on it. Tail feathers and wires are on, landing gear and tail wheel also. What a nice looking bird. I was thinking about stickering it up but I like it just the way it is. Got my bottom wing in today so I can get them glued up. One of my elavators Is a little off. Im going to have to trim the edge so It will clear the fuse. Everything lined up before I glued it in the fuse but afterwards 1 of the elevators will hit the fuse if I go in the predrilled holes. No big deal I guess. Also did any of you have a clearance problem with the elavators deflection on the horizontal stab?? It seem when I deflect the elevator it hits on the outside of the hor. stab. Any suggestions. Thanks JOE
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM

Hey guys,
I am a little more simple, I have a DX7 in mine,I am running one 2700mha NiMh for the Rx, one 1200 NiMh for the ignition and a 1100 Nicad for the smoke
I am also running a Y for the upper wing and a Y on the lower wing in separate channels on the Rx.
Also I am using a reversing Y for the elevators. Plus one rudder servo one choke and throttle servos.
So I am using 7 channels.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM

cool zort that helps alot.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:30 PM

With y-harnesses you only need 7 channels. Don't foget the Y for the battery as well. You can Y the battery in with any of the functions.

I was rather impressed how the holes lined up for the hinges and never had a problem with clearence. I can take a photo tonight if you wish.

For gluing the hinge pins I developed the following procedure. (There are a lot of other methods, but I like this)

1) Test fit all the hinges making sure of clearences. Make sure the hinge points all line up proper (This is where you have an issue?)
2) Mix your epoxy - 15min is good for this.
3) Using a toothpick apply the glue to the inside of the holes on one side. I find it easier to do the control surfaces first (elevators, ailerons, rudder), but this is really up to you.
4) Apply scotch tape over the hole. (Electrical tape works well too, but could be more difficult to remove.)
5) Make a tiny hole in the tape with a hobby knife.
6) Slide the hinge pins through the hole and into the control surface. (The tape will stop the glue from getting into the hinge area) Make sure the hinge pins are at a right agle to the control surface. Also make sure that the hinge protrudes the same distance along the whole lenght of the hinge line.
7) Wait for glue to set.
8) Remove tape.

Repeat process to attach control surface to plane. This is really where you need longer time with the glue
Old 03-18-2008, 07:36 AM

Got all the rear surfaces on last night and took care of the clearance problem to. I used gorilla glue on the hinges and it worked great. Just waiting for my upperwing cabane mount so I'll glue that up on wed. Got the lower wing glued together last night also. Thanks for the advice yufasa. So far so good, cant wait to get the wings on it for the first time. I got an incedence meter yesterday too.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:48 AM

What incedence meter did you get? I would like to have more than one....
Gorilla glue is good stuff, but I am not sure I would use it on hinges. It just takes too long to set and who knows where it will expand to...
Take you time with the mounting of the lower wing. Everything else references it so make sure it lines up good. If you get it right this plane flies really well at slow speeds
Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 AM

I used the gorilla glue cause thats what the manual said. It seems to work really well besides having to stay around and clean up the oozing. I gave the vert fin a good pull on the hinge to check and it wasnt moving. Hopefully all is well. The incedence meter is made by robart.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 AM

I have one of those robart incedence meters. Make sure you switch it off after every use. It has no auto off and I have not been able to find a replacement battery for it yet....
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 AM

thanks for the tip we'll do. joe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.