Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

WH Ultimate Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 PM
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WH Ultimate Build

I use the high temp RTV on threads on my bolts. This will keep them from backing out.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:52 AM

I am using the bolts that came with the engine to hold the muffler.
Yes I have the strap attached to the engine mount.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Ken,

I do not know if you have a gasket between the muffler and the engine. I have had issues keeping muffler bolts tight while using the gasket, but when I remove it and use high temp silicone RTV in place of the gasket, the problem has gone away. You also may want to double check the balance of your prop. Excessive vibration can come from there as well.

There is also the ever present issue of excessive hot air being expelled from certain club members at that field. Their karma can affect the EMF at the field and throw life in general "out of balance"!!!

Ha!! John
Old 05-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Allright guys. I got the madien behind me today and all I can say is WOW. I really like this plane. We burnt a gallon of fuel in it today and the DL-50 on a pitts with a Vess 23A seemed to be just the ticket. I kept leaning the motor today until I was getting right at 7000 rpms out of it. I am going to burn 1 more gallon of 32:1 through the engine and then switch to 100:1 Amsoil.

I would like to thank all of you guys for all of your help and putting up with me getting this thing up and running. I think I could build another one of these things in about 1/4 of the time it took me on this one. I just had a hard time getting the whole plane setup right.......I guess just a lack of knowledge.

I was all smiles after the first flight. I think that I will fly this thing on mid rates from here on out except when hovering. Low rates where a little slow for me and high rates makes this thing a rolling spinning monster(cant land it that way[&:]).
This plane is a really good flying plane. Being that this is really the only bipe that I have flown this big, it was a real hoot to land. I brought it around on final and all of the sudden the plane slows down and looks like it is going to stop I quickly picked the throttle up and flew out of the porpus looking attempt. I brought it back around and kept the throttle on about 4 clicks until I got the plane right in front of me and it sat right down. The plane slows nicley once it is on the ground and has some pretty ground handling characterisitics.
I am still just a smich nose heavy so I will probably be moving the rudder servo to the back. It just seems like it will be easier to do this than try to shift stuff around.

Mr. Wild Hare (Tom) thanks for bringing this plane to us. For a 50cc plane it is totally different than anything that I have ever flown and is a real kick in the seat of the pants to fly.

Hope to get some pics up as soon as my buddy sends them to me.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Rush,

Congratulations, I knew you would love it.

Unfortunately I had a terrible day. First flight of the day, about 5 minutes in, something went wrong. I was just making a turn when the plane went into a spiral. I was about 40ft up and could not get out of the spiral till about a foot above the ground, but it was too late. It plonked down ripping the landing gear right out and demolished the bottom wing.

I really loved this plane and don't know what I am going to do now, my wife will kill me if I spend $470 for another ARF right now....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73035.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	956537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56421.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	956538  
Old 05-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Tom, I have a question for you. I was out at the fiels today and I was tacking out the TOC 53cc with a Vess 23A prop at 6390 rpm.
After a bit of research I am finding that, that seams very low and it should be turning a bit higher. I have a 22A and a 22b as well as the bunny 22x8, but I do not have any tack reading on those yet.
I have about 3 or so gallons through so far and a fair amount of flights. Just doesn't seam to have the performance yet.

Do you have any tips and trick to help out?

Thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 12:43 AM

yufasa I am sorry about what happened to your plane. Do you have any idea what might have happened yet?

I really do like this plane. Maybe Tom could just sell you the parts that you need to get back up and running without buying the whole kit again.
It looks like you could fix the fuse and buy a new bottom wing and you would be back in business.

Here are a few pics of mine flying Saturday.

ORIGINAL: yufasa

Rush,

Congratulations, I knew you would love it.

Unfortunately I had a terrible day. First flight of the day, about 5 minutes in, something went wrong. I was just making a turn when the plane went into a spiral. I was about 40ft up and could not get out of the spiral till about a foot above the ground, but it was too late. It plonked down ripping the landing gear right out and demolished the bottom wing.

I really loved this plane and don't know what I am going to do now, my wife will kill me if I spend $470 for another ARF right now....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76684.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	956850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83299.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	956851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47136.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	956852  
Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Zort86

Tom, I have a question for you. I was out at the fiels today and I was tacking out the TOC 53cc with a Vess 23A prop at 6390 rpm.
After a bit of research I am finding that, that seams very low and it should be turning a bit higher. I have a 22A and a 22b as well as the bunny 22x8, but I do not have any tack reading on those yet.
I have about 3 or so gallons through so far and a fair amount of flights. Just doesn't seam to have the performance yet.

Do you have any tips and trick to help out?

Thanks
My first question is have you peaked the engine by adjusting the needles? Factory setting may be very rich, especially if you have rotated the carb.

It ought to be turning the Vess 23-a about 6700.

TF
Old 05-26-2008, 07:26 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Ahhhh, she is such a good looking plane, now you just need a pilot in that cockpit
Old 05-26-2008, 08:52 AM

Ya I was adjusting it yesterday and that was the best reading I was able to get.
I have not rotated the carb yet, it is still in its stock location.
Is that the hopup kit you have?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Zort86

Ya I was adjusting it yesterday and that was the best reading I was able to get.
I have not rotated the carb yet, it is still in its stock location.
Is that the hopup kit you have?
No. When the carb is rotated the engine is very rich, the needles must be adjusted or it is way down on power. I thought that might be a possibility.

The hop up kit rotates the carb plus more.

In my most recent tests the unmodified TOC-53 turned a Vess 23-a about 6720-6750, and with the hop up kit turns that same prop almost 7000 rpm.

The kits will be available within a few days. If you want to buy the kit you can send in your engine, I'll install the kit and bench run it to get it running right. I am a bit curious anyway why you are not getting the same results that I am.

I have seen one engine where the ring never seated properly and was down a couple hundred RPM, I swapped out the cylinder and piston and it came right up. I'd like to see yours.

TF
Old 05-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Oh, also, I do have spare lower wings. They wouldn't be in the same feater scheme, but it would be easy to re-cover it in white.

If you choose to rebuild I have the parts.

TF
Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 PM

sounds good, I will get the engine off and give you a call before I ship it out so we can talk about it.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Tom, I was getting ready to ship off the engine today, I have been out of town and really busy with work lately and I had a thought. How many gallons of fuel through the engine would it be considered broken in?
I usually get 2 to 4 flights a week on it and I have about 3.5 to maybe just over 4 gallons of fuel through it. I figure I have about 60+ flights on the engine, so I would guess I have about 10hrs of run time (60 flights x 10min each flight = 10hr).
I was just wondering since I don't want to look for something that isn't there, but if you think therer may be a problem I will get it shipped out tomorrow.

Ken
Old 06-25-2008, 05:58 PM

Not sure what problem you are trying to solve, but your engine should be as broken in as it's going to get.

TF
Old 06-25-2008, 06:13 PM

Well I was having a issue with the RPM. I was only turning 6300 with a Vess 23a I adjusted the motor and that was the best I could get.
I posted a bout a month a go about it and you said to send it in so you could look at it. Plus I wanted to have you install the upgrade kit. I was just thinking if it wasn't broken in yet I would keep flying it and see, but if you say it should be broken in maybe there is something else.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:16 PM

I have Skype or I can call you if you want to take this off line.