Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

zdz 80 break in/oil question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz 80 break in/oil question

I was breaking in my zdz 80 with pennzoil air cooled 2 stroke oil and 91 oct. fuel. but i noticed alot of carbon build up on the exhaust and on the plane. Could this mean that i have mixed too much oil into the gas. If so will this hurt the engine or cause any problems with break in? Should i try and add alittle gas to the the mix or should i start over? When i was mixing it i think a may have added about 1/2 oz. to 1 oz. to much oil by accident.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:31 PM

You should break in the ZDZ 80 with a good petroleum based oil at 40:1 for the first gallon. Then we recommend going to a good synthetic at 40:1 for the next 5 gallons and then finally 50:1 thereafter.
Thanks,
Mike
RCS
Old 09-10-2002, 01:38 PM

thanks Mike, I understand all that but i think i put to much oil in the gas because i have a lot of carbon build up on the exhaust and fuse of the plane. Will this hurt the engine buring break in or do i need to remix my fuel. I only ran the engine about 10 min. so far and i dont want to do anything that would be bad for the engine.