Community
Search
Notices
ZDZ & RCS Support Direct support from Mike Dooley of RC Showcase for all your ZDZ and RCS Engine questions.

ZDZ 60 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 07:49 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ZDZ 60 question

Hello,
I just purchased a used ZDZ 60 in a plane from a fellow here in Canada. I have a few questions:

- I understand I am to use 92+ octane gasoline, but am not sure what ratio oil to use. 32:1, 50:1 or other?? Please let me know. I am using penzoil 2 stroke oil.

- the engine came with a RCS 22-10 prop, I have heard the 60 likes a 24-10 prop. What would you recommend as a starting point? What RPM should the engine be propped for static? I have Bolly and Mejzlic 24-10 props I would like to try but dont want to load it down toomuch. The guy I bought it from said use a Menz Ultra 22-10 but again, I want a second opinion.

- do you NEED to use the 6 bolts or can you just use the single central prop bolt? I have up to over 100cc gas engines using a single 3/8 bolt, and if I do not have to drill the props I'd rather not. But, please tell me if needed absolutely.

Thanks,
Andrew Coholic
Northern Ontario, Canada
Old 01-04-2003, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ 60

Andrew:
Use 50:1 if it been run more than one hour at 40:1

The RCS 22x10 is a high load prop (moves lots of air) ..and will be fine .
Tune the H needle for max rpm and then back off a few hundred to run it a little rich.

Keep it cool ...baffle it.... just a little bit more work = a long engine life

You absolutely need the six bolts. The center prop spindle is just that and will not properly secure the prop.

David

RC Showcase
Old 01-04-2003, 03:53 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ZDZ 60 question

Thanks David, I have everything set and ready to run, now I can mix my gas and have a go at it.

Regards,
Andrew